Sunday, August 3, 2014

It's been a long time.

I haven't posted here in a long time.  My last post was about the NYC Half. Two weeks after that I ran the inaugural Philadelphia Love Run. That day made history. The most amount of rainfall every on that day in Philadelphia; over 4 inches. What started as some light rain developed into a monsoon. Definitely the toughest race conditions ever! Time of course went out the window. Around mile 10 is where the sky opened up and I wanted to cry. There was nothing to do but suck it up and go because we were in the middle of Fairmount Park. I eventually got a second wind and picked up the pace. I ended up catching up to my travel roomie who was having a hard time so I stayed with her to the finish. I am seriously considering not every doing a half marathon in the month of March again. After the Love Run I participated in the Crescent City Class in NOLA, UAE Healthy Kidney 10 K, Brooklyn Hal Oakley Mini 10 K, Achilles Hope and Possibility and the 2nd annual Moonwalk NYC Half Moon. I decided to cut down on races this year to focus more on training for the fall marathons. Next race is Join the Voices 5 miles which got moved from December to August. I will be doing it as a Sunday recovery run. I am little concerned that I am slightly behind in mileage considering that Chicago is 0ct 12. I have my coached designed schedule and I bumped up my long run by a little under 2 miles for this past week. I forgot to mention that I also pursured running coach certification. I am a Level 1 USTAF coach and once I finish my test I will be RRCA Certified Coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment