Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Trenton Doublecross 10K

I was very hesitant to sign up for this race.   It was 13 days after MCM.  It was being widely publicized as a BGR! national event with the opportunity to earn double bling.  I was worried about pushing myself too hard in my post marathon recovery.   I am so glad I signed up.  It was a great road trip.  I headed down Friday afternoon with my morning running buddy and sole sister.  We were able to pick up our races packs which included a cute tech shirt.  We then headed over to Rho for a meet and greet.  It was a nice space and for $10 we got a nice buffett.  There was a live band playing but unfortunately their selections were a little too country.  The band took a break and the Dj started spinning and BGR! hit the floor.  He played the "Wobble" and it was on.  We didn't stay too late because of course we had a race to run.  Saturday morning was chilly but it warmed my heart to see all my BGR sisters and some of our brothers from Black Men Run.  I ran the 10K but there was a half marathon as well.  It was quite a sight to see the group of 700+ of us together trying to take pre-race photos.  We ended taking pictures in city sections.  Trenton was not ready for us.  Every other runner around me was BGR!.   The course took us over two bridges and across two states.  I didn't particularly like the bridges because their surface allowed you to see the Delaware River beneath and messed with my gait.   I had to hold myself back for going out to fast but I had fun.   I loved the post race pretzel.  Apparently there was a whole spread lsid out at Rho but we had plans for a NBMA/BGR! brunch.  It was yummy!   I wouldn't mind running it again but if it is one week post the NYC marathon I may have strong reservations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment